Telluride to Gateway - Resource Page
Please look over the following information for your trip from Telluride to Gateway. There is a lot of information here, and we ask that you and your group review it before you depart on your trip. If there are any documents that still need to be filled out or updated you can click on the following links to do so. These documents must be received by our office before we can mail your maps and keys. Please let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
Telluride to Gateway Resources
- Bikers Bible - General and useful information about biking. Please read.
- GPX tracks
- Liability waiver - Please fill one per rider and send back.
- Member roster
- Alternate single track descriptions - These are single track routes you can choose to ride if you are looking for more challenging technical terrain. Ultimately this is up to you and your group. We will supply you with 2014 Single track descriptions in the spring as we are still working on some sections. There will be substantially more single track options.
- Standard route descriptions - This is the route to follow which will put you on the most direct trail to Gateway. Mostly double track, fire road- all dirt with the exception of a few sections where asphalt is used to connect roads. Because trails are constantly changing, we may send you an updated Route Description in the spring. Please make sure you bring the most current route description on your trip.
- Gear list and checklist - A suggested list of items to bring along the trip. You may want to select the ones you deem most necessary and more likely to need based on your type of riding and general use.
- GPS track for the entire route. If you use a GPS, download these onto your GPS device to help you navigate the route. We will be providing you with the most up to date versions in the spring. Please make sure to download the most current version onto devices you plan to ride with.
- Supplemental map information - If you were to need additional maps to guide your way, these are the ones we suggest. While the ones we provide will definitely suffice and accommodate for your trip, some folks like to explore the surroundings.
Once we have received your payment in full 30 days prior to your departure date, we will mail you a set of maps and hut key. We are excited to have you and your group join us. We believe that, while there may be some challenges along the trail, the rewards upon arrival into Moab are one of kind! We surely hope you enjoy your trip with us!
Thanks for spending your time with San Juan Hut Systems!