Gravel Grinder Tour of the Canyons
Ride from Grand Junction, Colorado to Moab, Utah through some of the most scenic and remote stretches of pavement in the west.
You will pass through many historic sites as you roll through the Unaweep Canyon, Gateway, and Paradox winding your way along the Dolores River.
Explore canyons of the Southwest, view wildlife, and experience the hut-to-hut convenience on this 3 day 2 night tour. You'll ride approximately 165 miles (55/day) along some of the wildest paved roads in the west.
Get the details
Price2 night, 3 day gravel grinder and black top from Grand Junction to Moab. Available May or October.
While most of this route is pavement, there are several sections of gravel/dirt. Gravel-grinder bikes are IDEAL.
Huts are fully stocked with food, water, cooking equipment, etc. Same setup as our mountain-bike routes.
The Price is $250 per rider or get the group discount 8/7 - Eight riders for the price of seven - $1750 total or $218.75 per person - Only available with the initial booking.
This route is available May and October of every year. Call our office (970) 626 -3033 for more information or to book.
SAGWAGONS are not allowed on this route, these huts are on private land.
- Your departure date is secured with a deposit of 50% of the total trip cost.
- The 50% deposit is non-refundable, but it can be extended to any available date in the original booking season or the next season. Notice of your reschedule must be given to San Juan Huts at least 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Reschedules are also possible 3-7 days prior to your scheduled departure date if unusually cold or wet weather is forecasted. This is true only for the Tour of the Canyons ride as it runs during the spring and fall and can dip into winter conditions which are particularly dangerous on road bikes.
- Rescheduled trips due to weather must be done 3-7 days prior to your set start date. Cancellations after that point or during the ride will forfeit your trip.
- If booking a Group Rate trip, the whole hut must be reserved at time of booking and each 50% payment must be made with one card or check.
What People Are Saying
I just finished the Tour of the Canyons ride. Spectacular scenery, well-stocked huts to relax in at the end of the day. I couldn’t have asked for a better trip! Thanks, San Juan huts!!!
- Mountain Bike Hut Trips
- Backcountry Hiking Huts
- Backcountry Ski Huts
- Gravel Grinder Tour of the Canyons
- About Us
- News & Events
- Travel Resources
- Getting Here